Providing great business solutions that are progressive, forward thinking, and respected.
At Grapp Lerash we believe in many ideals, but a few guiding principles lie at the forefront of our decision making. We believe in honor, authenticity, courage, and passionate innovation. Our commitment to excellence to our clients and to each other is present in everything we do.
Our professionals serve the Great Lakes Bay Region and other parts of Michigan with a commitment to quality and transparency by providing unmatched service to a variety of clients.
As a Staff Accountant, the ability to go beyond the numbers and provide top tier accounting, tax and audit service to a variety of clients across a plethora of industries is critical to day to day success. Whether preparing tax projects or returns for partnerships, corporate and international clients, or individuals; or participating in attestation engagements, opportunities to experience service lines and explore industries are endless. The ideal candidate will possess research skills, coupled with an analytical and intuitive mindset. Sound business judgement, a mind for critical thinking and problem solving, and thorough organizational skills are just a few of the qualities necessary to carry out this role. The ideal candidate will be agile in processes, equipped to provide proactive accounting and tax support, possess organizational expertise, and maintain the highest quality of client service, with a degree of confidentiality that is unwavering.
Individuals who will enjoy an ever challenging yet rewarding career at Grapp Lerash exhibit the following key skills and principles: A belief in forward progress, sound decision making and analytical ability, a sense of community, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Participate in tax engagements, including preparation of individual and business tax returns, tax planning opportunities, and tax estimate preparations for a variety of businesses and individuals.
- Participate in attestation engagements, including sampling, testing, and report preparation for a variety of businesses and organizations.
- Participate in client accounting service engagements, including bookkeeping, payroll processing and financial report preparation for a variety of businesses and organizations.
- Support requests from external clients or internally as part of engagement planning or delivery.
- Assist in developing and supporting relationships with small business and individual clients, including proactively contributing to and implementing resolutions.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in a similar field. CPA license preferred, or desire to obtain CPA license required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in public accounting, including a busy season.
- Experience with exempt organizations is a plus.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated agility with serving multiple clients simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and meet deadline expectations.
- Leadership skills, sound judgement and the ability to effectively interact with Firm personnel and clients.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality and extreme discretion.
- Strong office and interpersonal skills and an adaptive intellect.
- Ability to recognize problems, ask the right questions, think critically and contribute to identifying solutions.
- Confident, credible, and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters tax software is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed, which may approximate 20-30% of time.
- Willingness to get the job done. This is an exempt position, so hours that exceed a standard 40-hour work week will be required during busy times.
- Commitment to the Firm’s values, excellent client service, and business growth.
Grapp Lerash is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.