Audit and Tax Senior Accountant
Providing great business solutions that are progressive, forward thinking, and respected.
At Grapp Lerash we believe in many ideals, but a few guiding principles lie at the forefront of our decision making. We believe in honor, authenticity, courage, and passionate innovation. Our commitment to excellence to our clients and to each other is present in everything we do.
Our professionals serve the Great Lakes Bay Region and other parts of Michigan with a commitment to quality and transparency by providing unmatched service to a variety of clients.
As an Audit and Tax Senior Accountant, the ability to go beyond the numbers and provide top tier accounting, tax and audit service to a variety of clients across a plethora of industries is critical to day to day success. Whether planning and preparing tax projects or returns for partnerships, corporate and international clients, or individuals; or participating in attestation engagements, opportunities to experience service lines and explore industries are endless. The ideal candidate will possess research skills, coupled with an analytical mindset. Sound business judgement, a mind for critical thinking and problem solving, and thorough organizational skills are just a few of the qualities necessary to carry out this role. The ideal candidate will be agile in processes, equipped to provide proactive accounting and tax support, possess organizational expertise, and maintain the highest quality of client service, with a degree of confidentiality that is unwavering.
Individuals who will enjoy an ever challenging yet rewarding career at Grapp Lerash exhibit the following key skills and principles: A belief in forward progress, sound decision making and analytical ability, a sense of community, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Participate in tax engagements from onboarding to completion, including tax planning and preparation of individual and business tax returns.
- Perform tax research and through consultation, prepare memorandums designed to assist internal staff or external clients.
- Review and draft responses to tax notices and requests for information.
- Participate in attestation engagements from planning through drafting of financial statements in a variety of industries.
- Support audit requests from external clients or internally as part of engagement planning.
- Review accounting service deliverables for compliance with the tax basis of accounting, or other basis of accounting as required.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and supporting schedules.
- Assist in developing and supporting junior staff and small business clients, including proactively contributing to and implementing resolutions.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients and participate in various networking and business development opportunities.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in a similar field, CPA license preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting in a Senior or In-Charge role.
- Knowledge of GAAP, GAAS or IRC.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated agility with serving multiple clients simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and consistently meet deadline and high-quality deliverable expectations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, sound judgement and the ability to effectively interact with Firm personnel and clients.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality and extreme discretion.
- Strong office and interpersonal skills and an adaptive intellect.
- Ability to understand problems, ask the right questions, think critically and identify creative solutions.
- Confident, credible, and effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Thomson Reuters tax software is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed, which will approximate 10-25% of time.
- Willingness to get the job done. This is an exempt position, so hours that exceed a standard 40-hour work week will be required during busy times.
- Commitment to the Firm’s values, excellent client service, and business growth.
Grapp Lerash is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.