Providing great business solutions that are progressive, forward thinking, and respected.
At Grapp Lerash we believe in many ideals, but a few guiding principles lie at the forefront of our decision making. We believe in quality, transparency, and conducting business with honesty and without pretense.
Our professionals serve the Great Lakes Bay Region and other parts of Michigan with a commitment to quality and transparency by providing unmatched service to a variety of clients.
As a Staff Accountant, the ability to go beyond the numbers and provide top tier accounting, tax and audit service to a variety of clients across a plethora of industries. Whether planning, and preparing tax projects or returns for partnerships, corporate and international clients, or individuals; or participating in attestation engagements, opportunities to experience service lines and explore industries are endless. The ideal candidate will possess research skills, coupled with an analytical mindset. Sound business judgement, a mind for analytical thinking and thorough organizational skills are just a few of the qualities necessary to carry out this role. The ideal candidate would be agile in processes, equipped to provide proactive accounting and tax support, organizational expertise, and the highest quality of client service, with a degree of confidentiality that is unwavering.
Individuals who will enjoy an ever challenging yet rewarding career at Grapp Lerash exhibit the following key skills and principles: A belief in forward progress, sound decision making and analytical ability, a sense of community, and honor.
- Participate in tax engagements from onboarding to completion – including planning and preparing a variety of returns.
- Perform tax research and through consultation, prepare memorandums designed to assist internal staff or external clients.
- Participate in attestation engagements from planning through drafting of financial statements in a variety of industries.
- Draft, edit and proofread business correspondence, presentations, reports, articles and other documents, as necessary.
- Develop relationships with clients and influencers, including involvement in various networking and business development opportunities.
- Assist with engagement administration and Firm administration by preparing new client acceptance packages, billings, and other administrative documents.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in a similar field, with demonstrated ability to sit for the CPA Examination.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar role. Experience in a professional service environment required.
- Strong executive presence, demonstrated leadership skills, sound judgement and the ability to effectively interact with Firm personnel and clients.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality and extreme discretion.
- Strong office and interpersonal skills and an adaptive intellect.
- Ability to understand problems, ask the right questions, think critically and identify creative solutions.
- Thorough proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) and ability to quickly learn and implement new software. Experience with Thomson Reuters software is a bonus.
- Ability to travel as needed, which will approximate 30-40% of time.
- Willingness to get the job done. This is an exempt position, so hours that exceed a standard 40-hour work week may be required during busy times.
Grapp Lerash is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.