At Grapp Lerash we believe in many ideals, but a few guiding principles lie at the forefront of our decision making. We believe in quality, transparency, and conducting business with honesty and without pretense.
Our professionals serve the Great Lakes Bay Region and other parts of Michigan with a commitment to quality and transparency by providing unmatched service to a variety of clients.
The Executive Assistant provides top tier administrative support to the Firm’s Partners, and assists in supporting the Firm’s other professionals, where needed. This position serves as the primary liaison among the Firm’s Partners, clients, other professionals, and service providers throughout the Firm. Sound business judgement, a mind for analytical thinking and thorough organizational skills are just a few of the qualities necessary to carry out this role. The ideal candidate would be agile in processes, equipped to provide proactive executive support, organizational expertise and the highest quality of client service, with a degree of confidentiality that is unwavering.
Individuals who will enjoy an ever challenging, yet rewarding career at Grapp Lerash exhibit the following key skills and principles: A belief in forward progress, sound decision making and analytical ability, a sense of community, and honor.
1. Proactively manage fluctuating calendars and arrange travel and other logistical plans for the Partners and assigned professionals.
2. Oversee and prepare materials for presentations, meetings and other projects.
3. Produce and communicate client deliverables when necessary.
4. Draft, edit and proofread business correspondence, presentations, reports, articles and other documents, as necessary.
5. Represent the Partners and the Firm over the phone by screening, answering and following up on client calls.
6. Manage time and expense reconciliations for the Partners and assigned professionals.
7. Assist with engagement administration and Firm administration by preparing new
client acceptance packages, billings, and other administrative documents.
8. Lead the Firm’s marketing and social media presence, including the ordering of promotional supplies.
9. Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred; High School Diploma required.
2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an executive support role. Experience in a professional service environment required.
3. Strong executive presence, demonstrated leadership skills, sound judgement and the ability to effectively interact with Firm personnel and clients.
4. Ability to handle sensitive situations with confidentiality and extreme discretion.
5. Strong office and interpersonal skills and an adaptive intellect.
6. Ability to understand problems, ask the right questions, think critically and identify creative solutions.
7. Thorough proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint) and ability to quickly learn and implement new software. Experience with Thomson Reuters practice management is a bonus.
8. Ability to travel as needed, which will approximate 5-10% of time.
9. Willingness to get the job done. Overtime may be required during busy times.